Having kids mean greater chances of you having to deal with fixing broken Playmobil playsets like Playmobil Cars at some point. While these toys are built to last, accidents can happen. If you are thinking about how to glue Playmobil figures or accessories, there is no need to worry. We will show you how to glue Playmobil and ensure your child can play with them for years to come!
Which is the best product to glue Playmobil?
When it comes on how to glue Playmobil, you want to make sure you choose the suitable glue. There are a few different types of glue that can be used on Playmobil that are readily available in the market, but not all of them are created equal. Though all of them have the same function, not all glues are perfect to use for a certain type of material. Some glues will work better than others, and some will damage your Playmobil toys. We will show you the different types of glue that work best for Playmobil toys.
The 3 best products to glue Playmobil
You have probably been there before when the kids are playing with their Playmobil Fire Stations, and suddenly, one of the pieces falls off. What now? You could throw the figure away, but with a little bit of glue, you can easily fix it! We’ll show you the three best products on the market for gluing different Playmobil figures, so they don’t break easily!
|Glue Type||Superglue Gel||Plastic Cement Glue||Epoxy Adhesive|
|Compatible Material||Plastic, wood, metal, rubber, leather||Plastic||Metal, plastic, wood, ceramic, rubber|
|Full Cure Time||24 hours||24 hours||24 hours|
|Setting Time||10-45 seconds||10-45 seconds||5 minutes|
|Texture||Liquid Gel type||Liquid Watery Consistency||Liquid Honey-like Consistency|
|Packaging||Bottle with anti-clog cap||Bottle with a brush applicator||Syringe|
|Advantages||It contains a no-run formula |
that makes it perfect for
vertical surfaces that
|Great at fixing hairline|
cracks for broken pieces.
|It can be stored in different environments.|
|Drawback||It comes with a very strong smell||Highly flammable||Mixing is required, and it is |
sometimes messy to apply.
|Price Range||$7/ 6€||$5 / 4€||$10/ 9€|
No matter which product you choose, these three are fantastic options for gluing Playmobil pieces together. They each provide strong bonds that will last and make repairs or projects much easier! So if you’re looking for the perfect solution for your next Playmobil project, try one of these three products and see how easy it can be!
How to glue Playmobil? Step-by-Step guide
In this step-by-step guide, we will show you how to glue Playmobil! This process is quite simple and only requires a few supplies that you likely already have around the house. With just a little time and effort, you’ll be able to fix your broken Playmobil figures and get those pieces back together in no time. So let’s get started!
- Start by cleaning the area by spraying a small amount of alcohol on where you want to bond any missing or broken pieces.
- Using a microfiber cloth or any available cloth, wipe off any moisture on your Playmobil pieces.
- For rough surfaces, you can sand them first to smoothen the surface before applying the glue.
- Undo the cap of glue by pulling it off.
- Slowly push out content to dispense the glue onto any container or may directly apply it to the Playmobil surface.
- Once you have the desired amount of formula, put the lid back on.
- Apply a small amount of glue to where you want to place the missing or broken piece.
- Attach the piece you want to bond to the surface where you applied glue and let it grip for a couple of minutes.
- You can clamp it with any device, but if there’s none, you can hold it together for about 5 minutes.
Safety Tips: Glue Playmobil safely
It is important to take safety precautions when gluing Playmobil, particularly for young children. Safety must always be your top priority. In addition, it is essential to be aware of the potential hazards of superglue and epoxy as these are considered industrial-grade materials. Here are a few tips to help ensure the project goes smoothly and keep you safe while applying glue to your Playmobil:
- Always use a safe glue for Playmobil – make sure to check that it is non-toxic and specifically designed for plastic.
- Keep the glue away from young children and pets – read the instructions carefully before starting and follow all safety warnings on the container. Be sure as well to store your glue after using that is unreachable from children and pets.
- Wear protective clothing – protect your eyes with goggles and your hands with gloves while using the glue. This will protect you from fumes and potential splashes of glue. If you get glue on your skin, wash it off immediately with soap and water.
- Work in a well-ventilated area – as some glues may produce fumes, make sure you open windows or use a fan while you’re working.
- Test the glue on a spare piece of plastic beforehand – this will allow you to check that it adheres correctly without damaging the delicate plastic pieces of Playmobil.
By following these few simple steps, you can safely and securely attach pieces of Playmobil together for hours of fun!
Common questions on how to glue Playmobil
Are you planning to dispose your old Playmobil toys because of their broken parts and thinking they can no longer be saved, or you may be reluctant to start because still unsure of how to glue Playmobil toys? No worries. We have here some of the frequently asked questions about how to glue Playmobil toys. This might convince you to start your project and transform your Playmobil figures into something brand new.
Where can I purchase glues that will work well for my Playmobil toys?
You can purchase glue from your nearest local hardware, or you can also purchase it online on Amazon or eBay.
Is glue safe for kids?
Certain glues are non-toxic and safe for kids. But for industrial-grade glue, it is safe to keep it away from children.
Can I let my kids do the gluing project all by themselves?
No. Epoxy, plastic cement glue, and superglue gel are considered industrial-grade glue that contains chemicals that are harmful to kids.
Now that you know how to glue Playmobil, you can get started on your own projects. With a little practice, you’ll be able to create spectacular pieces that will stand up to wear and tear. We believe that a little time and effort spent preparing your project will go a long way in ensuring that your Playmobil figures remain firmly together for years to come. With the right technique and the right supplies, you can bring your Playmobil figures back to life. So grab your glue and some patience, and make some new memories with your favorite Playmobil pieces.
If you want to add some diversity and fun to your collection of Playmobil playsets at a great price, be sure to check Playmobil deals. It provides a wide selection of Playmobil sets whether you are looking to add more characters to your Playmobil house or an expansion to your collection.