Children play for ages with different Playmobil sets and figures. They even have spent ages with their Playmobil City life sets and may have noticed something different with the toy. Or Are you maybe even one of those who have asked themselves about the Playmobil figure no nose and ears? Are they for real?
You might not know this, but the reason behind Playmobil figure no nose and ears is quite interesting. Here’s why we think it’s a good thing!
Playmobil figure no nose and ears: Skipping through time
It’s no secret that Playmobil figures have a strange look to them. They have big heads, no noses, and no ears. But where did this unique style come from?
The father of Playmobil, Hans Beck, is the man who invented the Playmobil figure in 1974The very first batch of Playmobil figures produced still has the same facial feature as today’s manufactured.
Playmobil figures are designed to look like regular people, complete with diverse facial features and expressions. But there’s one thing that sets them apart from their realistic counterparts: they don’t have noses or ears.
The first concept of Playmobil, as sketched by Hans Beck in 1971, initially had a small nose. Hans Beck observed how the children draw people and that they usually forgot to include the nose and ears. Eventually, Hans Beck removed the ears and nose, which has become the iconic image of Playmobil figures since then.
Playmobil figure no nose and ears: 4 Reasons
It’s no secret that Playmobil figures don’t have noses and ears. But what’s the reason why Hans Beck sticks to its design choice?
Here are a few reasons for this design choice.
- It makes the figures more versatile and able to be used in a variety of settings and scenarios. By not having specific features, children can use their imaginations to assign any identity to the figure. This makes them more relatable and, therefore, more fun to play with.
- It helps to keep the price down since fewer plastic materials are required in manufacturing the figures. Fewer plastics used can help reduce pollution.
- Playmobil figure is made of plastic; not having noses and ears helps to reduce the risk of breakage. This makes the toy safer for children to play with.
- Playmobil figures have a childlike appearance. It has become more appealing to children of all cultures.
There’s no doubt that the well-known Playmobil figure no nose and ears are one of the most popular toys around. So next time you see one, don’t be too quick to judge – they may just be lacking in nose and ears, but they’re still lots of fun.
Enhancements of Playmobil figure no nose and ears
Over the years, the Playmobil figure has undergone some enhancements. From the simple children’s drawing of 2 round eyes and the iconic smile, many facial features were added based on the character it portrays, along with different accessories you can let your Playmobil figure wear. This makes the toy become more expressive and detailed over time.
Here are some of the most notable features added:
- Facial Hair
- Eye Glasses
Drawbacks that Playmobil figures do not have a nose and ears
There are many reasons to love Playmobil figures. They’re cute, they’re durable, and they can be used for all sorts of imaginative play. But there are also a few drawbacks to these little guys that you might not know about.
Here are some of its disadvantages :
- Playmobil figure no nose and ears are designed to be universal so that they can be used in any setting. But some people find it to be off-putting.
- Another potential drawback is that the lack of detail could make the figures less expressive.
- Additionally, Playmobil figure no nose and ears can sometimes be difficult to tell apart. If you’re trying to distinguish between two similar-looking characters, it can be tricky to do so without any facial features to help you out.
- Lastly, without any nose or ears, the expressions on Playmobil faces are somewhat limited. They can convey happiness, sadness, and anger, but not much beyond that.
However, this is not a major problem, and many people still enjoy playing with Playmobil figures regardless. So while there are definitely some pros and cons to Playmobil figures, overall, they’re still an excellent option for anyone looking for durable toys that can be used for creative play.
On a final note
We think that Playmobil figure no nose and ears are a great thing! This design choice is quite interesting, and we believe it makes the figures more unique and appealing. So there you have it! The next time you see a Playmobil figure without a nose or ears, you’ll know there’s a reason for it and we think you’ll agree that it’s a good thing that they don’t have noses and ears!
For the best Playmobil figure no nose and ears play set, be sure to check Playmobil deals. It gives you a wider selection of different Playmobil toys at great prices.